Monday, July 6, 2009

Back Playing

Despite what I said in my last post I got back to the tables over the weekend. I started on a .02-.04 cent cash game on Saturday evening(my level) and after doubling up I used my winnings to pay for a €3 tournament on Bruce poker. There where 160 starters and with the help of some nice cards I worked my way to the last table with an average stack and with six players I was lying third when I made a misstep and took my leave. It was however my biggest online cash at $22.08, a massive cash!!! and cheap fun.
Last night I played another of our house games. I haven't made the money in one of these in LONG TIME and decided to really give this one my "A" game. I lost a big hand in the third blind level with flopped trips fell to a flopped flush-- I made a bad read!!
But I wasn't giving up and was back to third in chips when I reraised all in with Jacks and the raiser gladly called with the rockets. I lost both these pots to Liam and he went on to win comfortably. The game went so quick we played a second one and again I was going nicely when Liam raised from early position and I reraised with my pocket rockets!! The big blind called and Liam called. Flop comes 7-7-10 and Liam moves all-in???? He out played me as I put him on a ten called and he turned over ?? yes that monster that is is is 7-2 OFF. F***** B******!!!
It was actually a night of bad beats and 7-2 proved a monster Jim low stacked reraised All In blind, from the BB after Marie had raised from the SB. Marie happily called and turned over 6-6.
No he didn't hit the Seven. No it wasn't trip twos, not a straight or a flush??? The board was J-J-8-8-3 and Jim's seven kicker played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a sick game. Liam fell in the second game in two successive hands when his A-A was beaten by 9-9, it hit a straight and then his J-J was beaten by 8-8 when the eights hit a flush. There where more but that's enough for now. At least I was behind in the two hands I went out on and have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment