Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back To Basics

Clonmel is the center of the Irish poker world from the first Sunday to Wednesday of Feburary each year but what carries me there each year is the coursing event from which the poker games grew. It's the biggest event of the year in the coursing world and attracts gamblers from all parts of Ireland, Britain and a few from farther away. And what would you expect these gamblers to do each night while they are in town? Poker was a natural child of the event.
I don't do the night shift in Clonmel but I did make it home in time to make it to the "Local" for the regular Wednesday night game. It was my first time there for months and it's where I first started playing outside the house games. We only had 10 last night and while I had a great few early rounds my lovely sister cut me down to size later on but I got my money back finishing third. I should have done better but t just went on too late for me and I broke one of my Cardinal rules "Don't play if you are tired". However I must try to play the local a bit more regular in the future as its a great place to work up that bankroll I don't have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment