Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Out of the Wilderness

My name is John Corbett and I am coming out of the Poker Wilderness!!
I was watching an interview Danny Wong http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=35925 gave during one of his appearances in a WPT final table in which he stressed the importance of confidence for a player in his own ability. Following this I read http://smurphspoker.blogspot.com/2009/04/2000th-post-on-boardsie.html where Colette Murphy one of Ireland's leading female players questions her own ability and confidence!! So what does this mean for me. Well for a start it made me look at my own game and realise that I have lost some of my own confidence at the table and it has dragged my game downwards. And what am I going to do about it. Well for a start I am putting my name to this blog, no more "JC" its John Corbett. On its own this will do nothing for my game I have to transfer a new more IN YOUR FACE game to the table and that's easier said than done but you have to start somewhere and for me its HERE.

1 comment: