Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cue Club Anniveresy

I have been playing a decent few live games since I posted last with my best result coming in Knockaderry last Wednesday when I got €105 for winning a 19 starter event. They play there twice a week on Wednesdays and Friday and it has always been a nice earner for me but I have only played there 3 times this year mainly due to work and that fact that I enjoy spending time at home with my family. Now it's always nice to win but the highlight of my poker playing over the last few weeks was in Killarney at the Cue Club for their 10th Anniversy event. It was the first time I have played in a three day event or anything longer than a single night event come to think of it and all I can say is I can't wait to play in my next one. We had a one hour clock and a 15,000 starting stack brilliant!!! We started at 6.30 and the first blind level was only 25-25 in which got all my big hands barr one. Not than I got many big hands, my pocket kings , 6-6, 3-3 and 2-2 all came in the first level and my only other two pocket pairs where 10-10 and 3-3 in later rounds. Now I am not complaining as I was fortunate enough to hit the flop on enough occasions to keep me going. Indeed I had the chip lead for much of the night at my table but had slipped back to 18,000 entering the last level 200-400 for the night. Maurice had been raising a lot of pots lately and I wasn't too surprised to see him make it 1200 from early position. I looked down and saw Kh Qh and as I had been quite for some time felt a good reraise had a good chance of getting through so I made it 32oo but Maurice called, still I was happy enough. Flop came As Ah 3h giving me a nut flush draw and with 7300 in the pot I shoved my remaining 15000 into the middle. Maurice called showing Ad 10d and his trips held up with no heart coming to my rescue. It was 2.10 a.m. and I was the first player to be knocked out from our table. I think the best way to sum up my night was the answer I gave Jim when he asked me what had I learnt from the night? Answer----That I love it!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment